Back to AC Stories
A Top Shore Destination for Beers
Atlantic City is a beer-drinker’s town. Here are some of the more noteworthy places to sample some suds:
BEER BARS AND RESTAURANTS
In the Casinos
- Boardwalk Beer Garden: Right in the center of the Boardwalk action and with an ever-changing mix of live music the Boardwalk Beer Garden at Caesars Atlantic City has just the right selection of beers and microbrews. In addition, their assortment of over 25 different frozen drinks and cocktails puts you in a summer state of mind.
- Firewaters: Considered AC’s original craft beer bar, Tropicana Casino & Resort’s taproom stays open 24 hours a day all weekend long to pour golden liquid from 50 draught lines and 101 bottles. For those who can’t choose, there’s the four-beer sampler served in mini-mugs. Beer geeks can get a head start by checking the website for a detailed and up-to-date list of what’s on tap.
- Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill: This authentic British pub at Caesars Atlantic City offers plenty of craft brews to wash down their signature bangers and mash or ale-battered fish and chips. The bar features more than 26 beers on tap, 22 bottled beers from around the world and the greater Atlantic City region, 16 widget cans and other can beer options. Plus a unique selection of beers on tap are available for take home in custom 64-ounce growlers.
- Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood: The family behind Atlantic City’s best recognized seafood empire runs Harry’s at Bally’s Atlantic City, cherished primarily for three things: a grassy courtyard that opens onto the ocean, a late-19th century decorative motif that harkens to the days when the family patriarch opened the city’s longest-running restaurant (Dock’s Oyster House), and a unique beer program. Harry’s was among the city’s very first bars to sell growlers (64-ounce glass containers that preserve and transport draught beer), and managers are proud of their craft-heavy tap list and large-format bottle selection.
- Landshark Bar & Grill: Enjoy its namesake beer next to a fire pit with your toes in the sand at Atlantic City’s only year-round beach bar Landshark Bar & Grill at Resorts Casino Hotel. This Jimmy Buffet themed paradise also offers signature frozen concoctions and margaritas.
- Atlantic City Bottle Company: Positioning itself as a destination for hand-crafted, small-batch beers, wines and spirits, ACBC sells niche liquids in its take-out shop and pours them in its Iron Room Restaurant alongside seasonal small plates designed for pairing. What’s more, the craft beverage boutique programs experiential classes to educate the public about its products.
- Tun Tavern Brewery and Restaurant: Head brewer Tim Kelly produces mostly lighter bodied, lower-alcohol styles at the city’s only brew pub, established in 1998 and named after the Philadelphia brew house where the U.S. Marine Corps was born during the Revolutionary War era. Kelly invokes Jersey pride by brewing a special batch of his American IPA with two varieties of hops grown in-state.
- Wingcraft: Hailed as a kitchen and beer bar specializing in hot wings and craft brews, this newly-opened hotspot offers shoppers at Tanger Outlets The Walk a welcome respite with a selection of local and national craft brews on tap that rotate seasonally. With multiple happy hours and Sunday brunch Wingcraft always has something special on tap.
- Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House: One of the city’s original craft beer draught lists can be sampled at the family-friendly bar and restaurant that overlooks the Intracoastal Waterway. Managers list rotating draft beers on a chalkboard and provide flights for those who want to taste more than one. They also state a preference for local brews with as many as seven of ten taps hailing from New Jersey, Philadelphia or Delaware.