– Atlantic City's 3D holiday light and sound show – will return to the façade of Boardwalk Hall for a second year. The free, nightly show celebrates the wonders of winter while showcasing the visual beauty and elegance of the season.
To celebrate the season (and all things sweet) showgoers can enjoy free sweets and festive entertainment from 5:30–7:30pm on November 30, December 7, 14 and 21 in Kennedy Plaza on the AC Boardwalk.
- Free photos in the “Winter Sweet” photo booth
- Free cupcakes and hot chocolate from the Buttercream Cupcake Lady, Philadelphia’s original cupcake truck voted Best Food Truck
- Festive musical entertainment from the Slippery Band (Nov. 30 and Dec. 21); Mack and Soul (Dec. 7 and 14)
- An appearance by the Sugar Plum Fairy from Atlantic City Ballet’s The Nutcracker on November 30
- Salt water taffy and sweet treats from James’ Candy, iconic Atlantic City Boardwalk candy shop
- “Winter Sweet” was conceived and created by award-winning, Montreal-based Moment Factory. It is shown nightly every half hour 5:30 – 8:30pm Sundays through Thursdays and 5:30 – 9:30pm Fridays and Saturdays in December on the façade of Boardwalk Hall at 2301 Boardwalk.
Moment Factory is known throughout the world for its innovative work combining technology and creativity through video, lighting, architecture and sound. They were recently awarded the Communications Arts 54th Design Annual for Motion Graphics for “Duality,” the first show they created for Atlantic City.
About “Winter Sweet”
The seven-minute show features three magical worlds. By using hundreds of visual elements, including a number of 3D effects, Moment Factory captured the enchanting season and heartwarming, memorable moments of winter.
The first world, Snow and Ice, features historic Boardwalk Hall icing over as winter approaches. Projections of dancing ballerinas, softly falling snow and a train that appears to be chugging along the top of the building evoke the magical season until a crumbling effect acts as a transition to the second world. In the second world, Winter Village, Boardwalk Hall is transformed into a candy wonderland, lit by the glow of candles, sledding elves and sugary treats with a humorous and surprise ending. The third and final world, Illumination, features elegant ornaments and intricate lighting that eventually “melts” the surface of the building as spring and new beginnings come to Atlantic City.
About Moment Factory
Moment Factory is a Montreal-based new media and entertainment studio. Since 2001, Moment Factory’s multidisciplinary team of artists has created extraordinary multimedia environments and groundbreaking interactive experiences for live shows, public spaces, events, brands and cultural institutions. Moment Factory has completed more than 300 projects for clients like Cirque du Soleil, Jay-Z, Disney, Céline Dion, Microsoft and for Madonna’s MDNA world tour.
About Atlantic City
From sandals to stilettos and foie gras to funnel cakes, Atlantic City offers something for everyone. Enjoy world-class entertainment, dining, shopping, gaming, relaxing on the beach and strolling the historic Boardwalk in the city created to escape the city. For more information visit www.doatlanticcity.com or: