Atlantic City Press Release
For Immediate Release: May 18, 2011
Summer in Atlantic City: Always Something New, Always Turned On
For the ACCVA:
Elaine Zamansky, 609-449-7166
Michael Bruckler, 609-449-7125
Karen Martin, 609-449-7126
For Lou Hammond & Associates:
Melanie York or Matthew Monagan, 212-308-8880
Planning a summer getaway as Memorial Day – the unofficial start of the season – approaches? You’ll want to check out everything that’s new in Atlantic City since last summer. The city that’s “Always Turned On” always has something new to keep you entertained.
- Take a tour of Prohibition-era Atlantic City to see and hear about sites from the “Boardwalk Empire” days. Great American Trolley Company offers a Roaring 20s Trolley Tour every Thursday from 11 a.m. www.gatrolley.com
- The award-winning Legends in Concert revue show returns to Bally’s Atlantic City for a special summer run starting July 2. http://www.ballysac.com
- iCandy Burlesque transforms the Blue Martini Lounge at Bally’s into a modern burlesque hall Thursday through Saturday nights, with three 20-minute shows a night, no cover charge.
- The new Diving Horse Cabaret & Steakhouse, 9 South Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., is an entertainment complex including a cabaret with burlesque performers and dancers, an American steak house and a luxe lounge, plus hotel accommodations. www.divinghorseclub.com
- Laugh your night away on Fridays with the Friday Night Laughs series at Harrah’s Resort, featuring top comedians, through July 8. http://www.harrahsresort.com/casinos/harrahs-atlantic-city/hotel-casino/property-home.shtml
- Rock the night away with Tropicana Casino & Resort. The Trop Rocks Concert Series runs through the end of July with hit-makers such as Huey Lewis and The News, Goo Goo Dolls and others. www.tropicana.net
- The Best of Broadway revue show is back through the end of June at Tropicana Casino & Resort, with an energetic cast and a new compilation of musical excerpts from your favorite Broadway shows. www.tropicana.net
- Prohibition Nightclub, catering to the GLBT community, is the newest offering at the Roaring 20s-rebranded Resorts Casino Hotel. www.resortsac.com
- Also at Resorts Casino Hotel, the male celebrity impersonators revue, Believe – Divas in a Man’s World vamps its way through the beginning of July.www.resortsac.com
- Women take center stage with bar top dancing at the Mountain Bar at Bally’s Wild Wild West, when the sexy Vixens perform on weekends.www.ballysac.com
- Free entertainment abounds this summer. In addition to the long-standing International Nights Music and Dance on Wednesday evenings and the Chicken Bone Beach jazz concerts on Thursday evenings in July and August at Kennedy Plaza, you can enjoy the Atlantic City Summer Concert Series, 1 p.m. to dusk at Gardner’s Basin June 2, June 25, July 16, August 6 and August 27. www.acfpl.org
- Free Fun Day Sunday events at the Atlantic City Free Public Library include arts programs, holiday celebrations and movies, Sundays at 2 p.m.www.acfpl.org
- Shopping in Atlantic City got even bigger and better, with new stores in Phase III at Atlantic City Outlets-The Walk, a strip of new stores fronting Christopher Columbus Boulevard between Arctic and Fairmount Avenues.www.acoutlets.com
- You’ll find newly renovated rooms at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. The 2,000 rooms, hallways and other parts of the hotel are getting an updating and makeover. www.theborgata.com
- The Flamingo Motel on Pacific Avenue is getting a $2 million makeover, including completely new rooms, eliminating the bar and adding a breakfast room.
- Seaview-A Dolce Resort, a 97-year-old golfing icon for Atlantic City visitors, has undergone significant updating and renovations, including a 12,500 square foot terrace, a tiered rose garden, renovation of the locker rooms and pro shop, and updating of interior public spaces, as part of a three-phase renovation that provides modern amenities while maintaining its historic atmosphere. www.dolce-seaview-hotel.com
- It’s now easier to get to Atlantic City from other parts of the country, with the addition of non-stop air service from Chicago to the Atlantic City International Airport on Spirit Airlines. www.acairport.com
- Beer lovers will appreciate the new Boardwalk Beer Garden at Caesars Atlantic City, featuring craft beers and more of your favorites. www.caesarsac.com
- Everything will soon be new at Trump Marina Hotel Casino, as its new owners convert it to Golden Nugget Atlantic City. Renovations are ongoing and will be completed by this fall, but the casino remains open for your pleasure, and many new features are already in place. http://www.goldennugget.com/specials/eblasts/trump_gn.html
- If you ever wished you could make pizza like the pros, you can learn at the Saturday morning pizza making classes at Tony Boloney’s. Every Sunday, you can learn to make your own mozzarella, too. www.tonyboloneys.com
- Looking for a hearty, low-cost late-night bite? Try Breadsticks Café & Grill at Resorts Atlantic City, where a 1920s-style steak dinner is just $2.99 from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. with your Resorts players card. www.resortsac.com
- Looking for a great Italian lunch? The venerated Trattoria Il Mulino is now open for lunch Wednesday through Sunday at Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort. www.ilmulino.com/atlanticcity2.html
- Want a clambake at the shore? Carmine’s in The Quarter at Tropicana now offers an Italian Clambake on Monday and Tuesday nights. www.carminesnyc.com
- New restaurants also abound in Atlantic City:
- Redding’s southern comfort food at 1545 Pacific Ave.www.reddingsrestaurant.com
- Scales Grill and Deck Bar takes the place of the Flying Cloud Café in Gardner’s Basin, with a new menu and spruced up interior.www.scalesgrill.com
- Gilchrist Restaurant returns to Atlantic City with a new breakfast and lunch spot in Gardner’s Basin.
- Harrah’s Atlantic City (www.harrahsresort.com) has three new offerings opening this spring:
- Popular chef Luke Palladino will open a restaurant in the former site of Polistina’s.
- Dos Caminos will offer authentic Mexico City-style dishes in an atmosphere of am upscale Mexican cantina.
- Bill’s Bar and Burger will offer classic comfort food in a casual atmosphere.
- Atlantic Grill at Caesars will feature fresh seafood, a raw bar, a sushi bar and a 19-seat sunken bar. www.caesarsac.com.
- Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort now features the first-ever outpost of Atlantic City’s famous While House Sub Shop. www.trumptaj.com
- As Trump Marina Hotel and Casino morphs into the Golden Nugget, you can expect to find a full new menu of restaurants, including Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, Chart house seafood and continental cuisine, Grotto Italian Ristorante, Lillie’s Asian Cuisine, Red Sushi & Noodle Bar, the Buffet and the GN Café and Coffee Inc. www.goldennugget.com
- Harry’s Oyster Bar & Seafood will open this summer at Bally’s Atlantic City, brought to you by the owners of Dock’s Oyster House and Knife & Fork Inn. www.ballysac.com
- Huey’s Diner is slated to open soon at Atlantic City Outlets-The Walk.www.acoutlets.com
The Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority serves as the destination's principal marketing arm, stimulating economic growth through convention, business and leisure tourism development. The Authority oversees the management of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. The Authority is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International. For complete Atlantic City information, visit www.atlanticcitynj.com.
Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AtlanticCityNJ.